Culinary Creations: Farinata with Cauliflower, Olives & Herbs
Mar 31, 2017 01:53PM
Yield: 6 servings
- 1-1/2 cups of garbanzo flour
- 2 cups filtered water
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil plus more for the pan
- 2-1/2 cups chopped cauliflower
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley or basil
- 6 large cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 heaping tsp of salt
- 1/2 cup vegan or dairy cheese of choice
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, quartered
Place a 12-inch oven safe sauté pan in the oven; pre-heat to 475. Mix the flour and water in a bowl and whisk well. Mix in oil, herbs, garlic and salt. Fold in the cauliflower and allow to sit for 20 min.
Then coat the hot pan with a touch of oil and add the batter, bake for 30 min.
Then top evenly with the olives and cheese and bake for 10 minutes more or until the edges are crispy.
Loosen the edges and slide onto a cutting board and cut into slices or cut inside the pan. Top with more herbs and serve! If you do not have an ovensafe pan, use a 9x13-inch baking dish.
This month’s recipe is provided by Chef Amber Antonelli of The Naked Bite, an amazing resource for clean-eating cooking classes, personal chef services, boutique catering and online recipes and videos. Visit TheNakedBite.com.